jueves, 4 de agosto de 2011

AROUND GLASSES BY NATALIA CRIADO. Bogotá





Natalia Criado invited me yesterday night to see her latest men & women glasses collection. Natalia the designer of LITTLE LUCÍA, is also the designer of these gorgeous glasses over the label "AROUND". Here there are some questions I did to her during the cocktail.

JDP: Tell us about AROUND.

NC:
This is a project I've been working with my brother two years ago. I made a trip to Japan and there I knew a particular type of glasses made of wood, so; we started bringing all those kind of glasses for being sold in Colombia. We got excellent results!. After that I made another trip to Asia and there I met the people who fabric these glasses. Now I make my own desings and they produce the glasses. They are designed in Colombia and done in Asia.

JDP:
What kind of people do you think will wear these glasses?

NC:
These glasses are for men & women, and they are perfect for young, fresh, and stylish people. We try to keep prices low, so; young people could buy our product in a good price. Buying glasses in Colombia is very expensive.

JDP:
Which materials did you use for the glasses frames?

NC:
We used textured ethyl, thin wood slats, and color layers.

JDP:
Did you have any inspiration?

NC:
Well... This collection rescues a vintage mood. We do not have and specific inspiration, but basically I´ve tried to keep a vintage flavor in each design.

JDP:
Where can we buy them?

NC:
You can buy them in Elemmental Store, Brinca Brinca, Cuatro Loros, Faride Ramos, La Peluquería, La Anteojería, Duplicity, and JUAN Store; all those places in Bogota.

JDP:
Have you think about openning a shop where we can find only accessories from AROUND and LITTLE LUCIA?

NC:
Of course, it's a project we have been working in. Now we are studying the shoppers reaction with these type of elements. If we get good results, probably we'll open a store very soon.

1 comentario:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...